Projects we’re proud to have been apart of.
Maroon + Work.
A wide range of industries
Real Estate Development
Sports and Athletes
Real Estate Development
When it comes to real estate development and management, Maroon PR works with companies to build awareness literally, from the ground, up. Our team understands the sensitive nature of communication efforts around development projects, and works with clients strategically to develop and manage strategic media and brand building efforts. From media relations to social media management and brand development, our team is well-versed in managing successful long-term PR campaigns.
Sports & Athletes
Maroon PR was originally founded as a sports agency and grew from there. With nearly a century of sports PR experience on the team MPR is well positioned to help athletes, leagues, premier events and teams achieve their public relations goals. We started the agency representing Hall of Famer Cal Ripken and his business and philanthropic interests. Since that time we have run media relations, social media and/or media buying for universities, sports-centric non-profits, current and retired professional athletes and international high profile sporting events.
Golf is a passion at Maroon PR and we have been honored to work with every significant tournament that has come to the area over the last decade including the 2021 BMW Championship, 2017 Senior Players Championship, 2014 LPGA International Crown and 2007 through 2009 Senior Players Championship. In addition, Maroon PR has worked with Classic 5 Golf, Baltimore’s five city-owned courses since 2017, handled PR efforts around the grand opening of Club Champion Golf’s Bethesda, MD location in 2018 and has worked on PR initiatives for both The First Tee of Baltimore and The First Tee of Greater Washington, DC.
Non-profit public relations has become a core competency of Maroon PR. Our work spans many different sectors within the non-profit space, from the Maryland Food Bank to the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation. Through media relations, social media, partnerships and content development, our team lifts up impactful stories to drive growth.
Consumer Brands and Retail
From grand openings to ongoing support, Maroon PR has worked with some very notable hospitality brands and a variety of venues. Fine dining, fast casual, hotels, casinos and restaurant groups have all worked with us for various needs ranging from media relations to social media strategy, content development and event emcees.
Consumer Brands & Retail
Consumer brands come in all shapes and sizes and they need a way to cut through the clutter to tell their story effectively. Maroon PR works with brands that remind us of our childhood to start-up clothing companies to the largest retailer in the world.
One of the most crowded spaces out there is the finance industry, and one of its biggest challenges is standing out from the crowd. Maroon PR has worked all across the board in this space from financial advisors to banks and credit unions. Understanding that often times compliance clashes with PR, we focus on industry trends, charitable giving and bringing to life the people working in this competitive industry.
Technology touches everything we do and Maroon PR shines a light on this fast-growing universe and the rising stars and established kings of tech through media relations, social media and celebrations of growth.
A Few of Our Long Time Clients
Our work reflects our understanding that owned, earned and paid media, together, comprise public relations.
Contact us to learn how our integrated services can work for you.
Strategy & Background
The Maryland 5 Star at Fair Hill marks a new chapter for the State's rich horse and equestrian tradition. One of only two 5 Star events in the United States, and seventh worldwide, the prestigious 5 Star (CCI5*) designation is the pinnacle of the sport of Eventing, best described as an equestrian triathlon. Knowing that the event has been well attended by Equestrian enthusiasts, MPR was tasked with growing awareness for the Maryland 5 Start and the sport of Eventing to a wider general event-goer audience, particularly in Baltimore and the surrounding Counties. MPR developed a comprehensive earned, owned and paid media campaign focused on our strong media relationships to drive awareness in key markets and ultimately drive ticket sales across the four days of the event.
Our tactics included:
- A targeted media outreach plan using compelling pitches and a cadence of announcements to drive credibility and secure consistent media coverage leading up to the event.
- Creation of a unique media day in the Baltimore market where we took Eventing athletes - rider & horse - to the local television stations for a visual and interactive interview opportunity.
- Development & execution of strategic media buy encompassing digital, television, radio, print, and outdoor, using a mix of tactics to reach the target audience in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Development & execution of email marketing strategy, along with handling messaging and deployment of the emails
- Media preview day on the Wednesday before the 4-day event to give media early access to the event.
- Proactive media relations efforts before and during the event, including the credentialing process, encouraging media attendance by both trade and mainstream media, and managing the press center onsite.
- General event attendance grew by 18% compared to 2022
- A total of 101 broadcast and online (print/digital) stories garnered
- Secured coverage across all four Baltimore TV stations throughout the campaign (WMAR, WBAL, WBFF and WJZ), through various pitching efforts.
- Secured multiple radio interviews on top news-talk radio station WBAL Radio and with WDEL Radio in Wilmington, Delaware, the region’s top news and information station.
- Deployed 37 email campaigns resulting in 195,233 total opens for a 47% Open Rate and 12,734 clicks to the website resulting in a 2.5% click-through-rate (CTR).
- Over 25 Million paid media impressions generated through advertising campaigns and media partners.