Roy Rogers Restaurants Social Campaign
12 Days of Roy’s
In an effort to drive store visits to Roy Rogers during the busy holiday season, Maroon PR developed a traffic-driving promotional campaign that was executed through social media, email and a small social advertising budget. Maroon PR managed everything from concept development to creative and targeting strategy.
This campaign was just one element of Maroon PR’s ongoing digital strategy and social media management efforts for Roy Rogers. In 2018, Maroon PR increased Twitter engagement by 49% and Instagram engagement by 80% from the previous year.
Social Media Impressions
In an effort to drive customers to Roy Rogers locations during the holiday season and as a way to provide a giveback to fans, Maroon PR developed a 12-day promotion campaign deemed, the 12 Days of Roy’s. The campaign was designed to accomplish a several goals important to the Roy Rogers marekting team – drive redepmtions, highlight the breadth and variety of their menu & provided incentive for fans to visit Roy Rogers digital channels daily.
During the campaign, participating Roy Rogers® locations offered exclusive daily deals on select food and beverage items from December 10 – December 21. A few “fan favorite” offers from the year were brough back, along with new specials that customers could enjoy all day long, including offers on sides, drinks, breakfast items and the Roy Rogers’® classics. All offers were announced each morning on the Roy Rogers® social media channels as well as on the Roy Rogers® website, and made available for dine-in only.
The campaign reached all goals set forth, receiving with the promotions reaching 3,000 redemptions across Roy Rogers locations. This campaign was just one element of Maroon PR’s ongoing digital strategy for Roy Rogers and their 50+ locations. Maroon PR handled the campaign entirely – from creative execution to social posts and ad management.
203,000+ social media impressions
2,000+ social media engagements
35,000 email opens
6,000 link clicks
We encourage our clients to let us do more to drive business growth.
Learn how our integrated services can
work for you.
Strategy & Background
The Maryland 5 Star at Fair Hill marks a new chapter for the State's rich horse and equestrian tradition. One of only two 5 Star events in the United States, and seventh worldwide, the prestigious 5 Star (CCI5*) designation is the pinnacle of the sport of Eventing, best described as an equestrian triathlon. Knowing that the event has been well attended by Equestrian enthusiasts, MPR was tasked with growing awareness for the Maryland 5 Start and the sport of Eventing to a wider general event-goer audience, particularly in Baltimore and the surrounding Counties. MPR developed a comprehensive earned, owned and paid media campaign focused on our strong media relationships to drive awareness in key markets and ultimately drive ticket sales across the four days of the event.
Our tactics included:
- A targeted media outreach plan using compelling pitches and a cadence of announcements to drive credibility and secure consistent media coverage leading up to the event.
- Creation of a unique media day in the Baltimore market where we took Eventing athletes - rider & horse - to the local television stations for a visual and interactive interview opportunity.
- Development & execution of strategic media buy encompassing digital, television, radio, print, and outdoor, using a mix of tactics to reach the target audience in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Development & execution of email marketing strategy, along with handling messaging and deployment of the emails
- Media preview day on the Wednesday before the 4-day event to give media early access to the event.
- Proactive media relations efforts before and during the event, including the credentialing process, encouraging media attendance by both trade and mainstream media, and managing the press center onsite.
- General event attendance grew by 18% compared to 2022
- A total of 101 broadcast and online (print/digital) stories garnered
- Secured coverage across all four Baltimore TV stations throughout the campaign (WMAR, WBAL, WBFF and WJZ), through various pitching efforts.
- Secured multiple radio interviews on top news-talk radio station WBAL Radio and with WDEL Radio in Wilmington, Delaware, the region’s top news and information station.
- Deployed 37 email campaigns resulting in 195,233 total opens for a 47% Open Rate and 12,734 clicks to the website resulting in a 2.5% click-through-rate (CTR).
- Over 25 Million paid media impressions generated through advertising campaigns and media partners.