Leap to Digital
Leaps & Bounds Podcast
As the world becomes more plugged in to consuming audio, podcasts continue to grow in popularity. Wanting to latch on to this trend and find their niche in the space, Leap to Digital turned to Maroon PR to develop a podcast designed to speak to the professional home services and contractor community.
The show, named Leaps & Bounds and hosted by Leap’s Tom Basch, invites some of the industry’s most successful leaders and professionals to discuss what’s made them successful and how they continue to stay ahead of their competition in the technology-age.
Having experience with producing podcasts, Maroon PR took learnings from previous work to develop a strategic plan that would provide Leap with the tools needed to host a successful podcast. The key being, to focus on sharing impactful content that speaks to their industry. Together with Leap, it was decided that the show would focus on conversations with contractors about their path to success, in an effort to build on the great resources Leap to Digital already provides contractors.
Next, our team handled logistics. First came naming of the show and creating the podcast cover art that features elements of Leap’s logo and bright colors that stand out in the crowd of podcasts. We also conducted extensive research to find the ideal hosting platform in Castos that featured integrations that worked well with Leap’s web platform.
After determining the launch date, our team developed a rollout plan that included the distribution plan to notable platforms that help you attract and keep listeners. Finally, we worked with Leap to set structure around branding and episode development – creating a recording schedule, length of each show, the podcast web page, episode title and show description.
Once the logistics were in place, we followed with a step-by-step plan for the Leap team to market the podcast to their ever-growing database of contractors and home services professionals through social media and strategic email blasts…and the show was off to the races.
Maroon PR’s social media director, graphic designer and podcast technician all had a hand in getting the podcast launched successfully. Our team currently handles the recording of each show using professional sound equipment, both in person and through phone to guests, during the pandemic, in addition to publishing each episode, posting once every two weeks on Thursdays, which data has shown has the most total downloads per average episode.
Since the show launched on July 27th, Leaps and Bounds has grown a steady follower base, with over 4,000 listens to the show, after just nine episodes. Listeners stretch from the United States and Canada to Australia and India and are listened to on a variety of platforms such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts and more.
𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐬 & 𝐁𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬: 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏 🎤— Leap (@leaptodigital) August 21, 2020
Patrick Fingles, CEO of @NuLookHome and @leaptodigital, discusses the effects of being an early adopter of technology, and the unique path he forged in becoming a highly-successful CEO for two companies!https://t.co/LsInB6dnAR pic.twitter.com/0oes44dyJ9
We encourage our clients to let us do more to drive business growth.
Learn how our integrated services can
work for you.
Strategy & Background
The Maryland 5 Star at Fair Hill marks a new chapter for the State's rich horse and equestrian tradition. One of only two 5 Star events in the United States, and seventh worldwide, the prestigious 5 Star (CCI5*) designation is the pinnacle of the sport of Eventing, best described as an equestrian triathlon. Knowing that the event has been well attended by Equestrian enthusiasts, MPR was tasked with growing awareness for the Maryland 5 Start and the sport of Eventing to a wider general event-goer audience, particularly in Baltimore and the surrounding Counties. MPR developed a comprehensive earned, owned and paid media campaign focused on our strong media relationships to drive awareness in key markets and ultimately drive ticket sales across the four days of the event.
Our tactics included:
- A targeted media outreach plan using compelling pitches and a cadence of announcements to drive credibility and secure consistent media coverage leading up to the event.
- Creation of a unique media day in the Baltimore market where we took Eventing athletes - rider & horse - to the local television stations for a visual and interactive interview opportunity.
- Development & execution of strategic media buy encompassing digital, television, radio, print, and outdoor, using a mix of tactics to reach the target audience in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Development & execution of email marketing strategy, along with handling messaging and deployment of the emails
- Media preview day on the Wednesday before the 4-day event to give media early access to the event.
- Proactive media relations efforts before and during the event, including the credentialing process, encouraging media attendance by both trade and mainstream media, and managing the press center onsite.
- General event attendance grew by 18% compared to 2022
- A total of 101 broadcast and online (print/digital) stories garnered
- Secured coverage across all four Baltimore TV stations throughout the campaign (WMAR, WBAL, WBFF and WJZ), through various pitching efforts.
- Secured multiple radio interviews on top news-talk radio station WBAL Radio and with WDEL Radio in Wilmington, Delaware, the region’s top news and information station.
- Deployed 37 email campaigns resulting in 195,233 total opens for a 47% Open Rate and 12,734 clicks to the website resulting in a 2.5% click-through-rate (CTR).
- Over 25 Million paid media impressions generated through advertising campaigns and media partners.