Ronald McDonald House of Greater Washington DC
Feed the House Campaign
In an effort to help the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, DC (RMHCDC) secure funding and generate more awareness around their signature volunteer cooking program, Maroon PR brought a partnership idea to the RMHCDC team for a nutrition collaboration with Giant Foods. Maroon PR developed the proposed “Feed the House” campaign which led to the campaign partnership and an additional donation of $10,000 worth of gifts cards from Giant to support those who participate.
Thousand Media Impressions
Thousand Social Media Impressions
Feed the House supports a program within the organization that provides a ‘home-away-from-home’ for families with a child being treated at a local hospital. In an effort to promote health, wellness and giving back locally, Giant Food’s Registered Dietitian team created month-long meal plans volunteers can follow to offer families staying in the DC area houses a varied menu of healthy and delicious options.
Using National Nutrition Month as the launch hook, Maroon PR worked with Giant Foods to build the Feed the House campaign and launch it on March 1. Pre-launch efforts included logo and content development including graphics and video, campaign messaging and a media relations strategy.
Once the campaign was branded, Maroon PR used an integrated approach to market the campaign, focusing on media relations and social media to help tell the story of this great partnership.
Since launch, Maroon PR has secured two Washington DC TV segments to promote the campaign and RMHCDC volunteer opportunities, and created social content for over 30 social media posts in support of Feed the House. Maroon PR continues to promote the campaign, using a variety to hooks to secure media attention and social media engagements.
We encourage our clients to let us do more to drive business growth.
Learn how our integrated services can
work for you.
Strategy & Background
The Maryland 5 Star at Fair Hill marks a new chapter for the State's rich horse and equestrian tradition. One of only two 5 Star events in the United States, and seventh worldwide, the prestigious 5 Star (CCI5*) designation is the pinnacle of the sport of Eventing, best described as an equestrian triathlon. Knowing that the event has been well attended by Equestrian enthusiasts, MPR was tasked with growing awareness for the Maryland 5 Start and the sport of Eventing to a wider general event-goer audience, particularly in Baltimore and the surrounding Counties. MPR developed a comprehensive earned, owned and paid media campaign focused on our strong media relationships to drive awareness in key markets and ultimately drive ticket sales across the four days of the event.
Our tactics included:
- A targeted media outreach plan using compelling pitches and a cadence of announcements to drive credibility and secure consistent media coverage leading up to the event.
- Creation of a unique media day in the Baltimore market where we took Eventing athletes - rider & horse - to the local television stations for a visual and interactive interview opportunity.
- Development & execution of strategic media buy encompassing digital, television, radio, print, and outdoor, using a mix of tactics to reach the target audience in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Development & execution of email marketing strategy, along with handling messaging and deployment of the emails
- Media preview day on the Wednesday before the 4-day event to give media early access to the event.
- Proactive media relations efforts before and during the event, including the credentialing process, encouraging media attendance by both trade and mainstream media, and managing the press center onsite.
- General event attendance grew by 18% compared to 2022
- A total of 101 broadcast and online (print/digital) stories garnered
- Secured coverage across all four Baltimore TV stations throughout the campaign (WMAR, WBAL, WBFF and WJZ), through various pitching efforts.
- Secured multiple radio interviews on top news-talk radio station WBAL Radio and with WDEL Radio in Wilmington, Delaware, the region’s top news and information station.
- Deployed 37 email campaigns resulting in 195,233 total opens for a 47% Open Rate and 12,734 clicks to the website resulting in a 2.5% click-through-rate (CTR).
- Over 25 Million paid media impressions generated through advertising campaigns and media partners.