MAROON PR NEWS
Ocean City, Maryland recently welcomed Governor Larry Hogan for an official ribbon-cutting ceremony at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center, celebrating a 45,000 square foot extension. As the agency of record for Ocean City, Maroon PR (MPR) helped to plan, promote, and execute the celebratory event and subsequent media coverage.
Pitch and Putt Golf Club Commemorates History of African American Golfers at Carroll Park Golf Course
The long-standing, but relatively unknown history between Pitch and Putt Golf Club of Baltimore and Carroll Park Golf Course and their roles in the Baltimore civil rights movement was recently brought to life via a monument dedication event.
After almost two years of COVID-19, Marylanders are still experiencing significant hardship as a result of the pandemic, which continues to impact the economy and household budgets. Between rising inflation, supply chain disruptions, and labor shortages caused by...
For 15 years, Maroon PR has been driving growth for our clients through relationships. As we close out our 15th anniversary year, we reflect on a year that gave us renewed energy. Our team found excitement in being able to turn attention back to more traditional...
Maroon PR has been the agency of record for the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation (CRSF) since our business opened nearly 16 years ago. Over the years, we have been honored to work alongside their team as they have grown into a national non-profit committed to strengthening...
Maroon PR (MPR) was recently hired as Facebook’s Maryland/Washington D.C. Agency of Record for media relations. As part of our ongoing work, we are tasked with finding local businesses and individuals in Maryland that are using Facebook’s products successfully or have...
Maroon PR is proud to announce that Jen Renehan has been named Chief Operating Officer for Maroon PR, overseeing daily operations and providing long-term planning and strategy for the Maryland-based PR agency. “I am thrilled to announce that Jen Renehan has been...
In early July, Maroon PR capitalized on an opportunity to organically grow Big League Chew's Twitter presence by engaging on the platform during Major League Baseball's All-Star Game events. Because Twitter is constantly updating, Account Director Nicole Durante and...
The BMW Championship, the second event of the PGA Tour’s FedEx Cup playoffs, is now just over a month away, and Monday, June 28, was the highly anticipated Media Day at Caves Valley Golf Club in Owings Mills, MD to help officially welcome the event to Baltimore,...
Nicole goes to great heights for her clients, always looking for the best angle and climbing her way to success. Because of Nicole’s passion for her work, she has recently been promoted to an Account Director position. Nicole’s creativity and determination are evident...
We stay on top of trends and news to capitalize on opportunities for our clients, whether its securing traditional media or using social media.
Let’s chat about what’s trending in
Strategy & Background
The Maryland 5 Star at Fair Hill marks a new chapter for the State's rich horse and equestrian tradition. One of only two 5 Star events in the United States, and seventh worldwide, the prestigious 5 Star (CCI5*) designation is the pinnacle of the sport of Eventing, best described as an equestrian triathlon. Knowing that the event has been well attended by Equestrian enthusiasts, MPR was tasked with growing awareness for the Maryland 5 Start and the sport of Eventing to a wider general event-goer audience, particularly in Baltimore and the surrounding Counties. MPR developed a comprehensive earned, owned and paid media campaign focused on our strong media relationships to drive awareness in key markets and ultimately drive ticket sales across the four days of the event.
Our tactics included:
- A targeted media outreach plan using compelling pitches and a cadence of announcements to drive credibility and secure consistent media coverage leading up to the event.
- Creation of a unique media day in the Baltimore market where we took Eventing athletes - rider & horse - to the local television stations for a visual and interactive interview opportunity.
- Development & execution of strategic media buy encompassing digital, television, radio, print, and outdoor, using a mix of tactics to reach the target audience in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Development & execution of email marketing strategy, along with handling messaging and deployment of the emails
- Media preview day on the Wednesday before the 4-day event to give media early access to the event.
- Proactive media relations efforts before and during the event, including the credentialing process, encouraging media attendance by both trade and mainstream media, and managing the press center onsite.
- General event attendance grew by 18% compared to 2022
- A total of 101 broadcast and online (print/digital) stories garnered
- Secured coverage across all four Baltimore TV stations throughout the campaign (WMAR, WBAL, WBFF and WJZ), through various pitching efforts.
- Secured multiple radio interviews on top news-talk radio station WBAL Radio and with WDEL Radio in Wilmington, Delaware, the region’s top news and information station.
- Deployed 37 email campaigns resulting in 195,233 total opens for a 47% Open Rate and 12,734 clicks to the website resulting in a 2.5% click-through-rate (CTR).
- Over 25 Million paid media impressions generated through advertising campaigns and media partners.